- The information we collect and how we use it;
- Your rights to access or update your personally identifiable information;
- Your right to opt-out of receiving communications from us; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Barnes Group web sites collect two kinds of information from you: personal information that you choose to supply us and non-personal information such as your IP address. To learn how to opt-out of receiving further information from Barnes Group, see the section marked “CHOICES” below.
1. Personal Information
a. E-mail. If you submit feedback, questions or requests for information about Barnes Group products and services, we may request your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address in order to respond to your inquiries. Barnes Group may collect and store the information you choose to provide us to send you information about Barnes Group from time to time.
b. Surveys and Promotions. From time to time, we may request information from you via surveys or online promotions such as contests and sweepstakes. Participation is completely voluntary; you have a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information requested may include personal contact information such as your name, shipping address, phone number or e-mail address. This information may be used to contact users with further information about Barnes Group products and services, to notify winners and award prizes, and to monitor or improve use and satisfaction of this site.
c. Financial Information E-mail Notifications. If you would like to receive company financial information alerts from Barnes Group, we ask for your e-mail address so we can send you e-mail notification.
d. Order Reports. If you would like to receive printed annual reports, proxy statements or quarterly reports by postal mail, you may ask for a copy on our web site. We ask for your contact information so we can send you such reports and statements.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
a. Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data placed on your hard drive when you visit our site. Cookies help us track traffic to our site, helping us identify what parts of our site interest visitors most. We do not link cookie information with any personally identifiable information.
b. IP Addresses. An IP Address is a number used by computers on a network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. We may collect IP Address information in order to administer our web sites and to gather broad demographic information.
3. Information Sharing
Certain Barnes Group web sites may use a third party vendor for order processing. When you visit a Barnes Group online catalog to browse or to purchase Barnes Group goods online, you will leave a web site of Barnes Group and be taken to a web site operated by the third party vendor. This third party vendor will collect your personal information, including name, address and credit card information, solely for the purpose of informing Barnes Group of your order and effectuating the order fulfillment. This third party vendor will not use your information for any purpose other than to facilitate your online relationship with Barnes Group. Barnes Group may also share your personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our web sites and databases, and with our third-party affiliates, partners and sponsors. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) to protect and defend the rights or property of Barnes Group and this site; or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Barnes Group provides you with the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may set your browser to: (1) inform you when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored; (2) not accept cookies at all; and (3) erase all cookies from your hard drive. However, if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate this site may be limited.
- You may choose to not provide us with any contact information. However, if you do so, we will be unable to process your orders, respond to your inquiries, or enter you into any promotions. Furthermore, your ability to navigate this site may be impaired.
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving further information from us and would like us to remove your from our on-line mailing list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail and reference “Remove” on the subject line.
- If you would like to change or modify information you have previously provided us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnes Group Inc.
Attn: Director, Investor Relations
123 Main Street
Bristol, CT 06010
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
SPECIAL POLICY WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
Barnes Group is not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and we do not use it or share it with third parties.
We make every effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. Additionally, our third party vendor uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information to use. If you have any questions about the security of our web sites, please contact email@example.com
Last updated 7/29/2008